Friday, June 22, 2012

MBA Voyage: Part I


How I landed up MBA at Kousali Institute of Management Studies (KIMS):
I had accomplished Bachelor in Business Management in 2010, from Bangalore University.
What next???
1.      Job in India and register for ICWAI.
2.      Job in Nepal (along with prepare and apply for Scholarship for MBA)
3.      MBA self finance from India
I had opted third one to play safe, with full knowledge of risk and return relationship. Money has been always constrained in my life now and then. The budget of MBA was Rs 3, 00,000 excluding my saving Rs 72000 in graduation scholarship.  
The University MBA was more economical and suitable for me. Then, I enlisted R.A. Podar-Rajasthan, NIT-Trichy, DMS-Pondichery University, BIMS-Trichy, Madurai Kamraj- Madurai, BIMS-Mysore, KIMS-Dharwad, Andhra University-Visakhapatnam, The Business School-Kashmir and PUMBA-Pune. I verified fee, admission procedure, ranking by various sources, faculties profile, students profile etc. Some of them admission were closed or some of them did not fall under my 4 Lakh budget Eventually, I applied for KIMS-Dharwad and BIMS-Mysore. I got admission with both Institute and preferred KIMS-Dharwad due to rich profile of faculties and avoid comfort life in Mysore.
14 September 2010: Got admission at KIMS
Beginning days at Dharwad:
Most of mates accepted me as acquaintance and made me comfort. Senior as usual attempted to well known “socializing process”. Teachers’ expectations were high. I was lacking behind on communication ground.
Hostel life was new experience, and took little time to adjust. People were of different mindset, expectations and likeability. Food habit was alien.
Less than a month, I adjusted with all these odd and credit goes all hostel mates, classmates and teachers.

Academics progress at KIMS:
KIMS has taught vivid new things, added knowledge, imparted strong ethics and moral values, professionalism, time management, the significance of deadline and so on. (One can verify by glancing Projects I had undertaken during KIMS)
I had never forged attendance.
I scored full marks on Statistics (Quantitative Techniques) and above 90% in many subjects.
I got two times first rank at KIMS.
I was lonely student to score “A” grade (i.e. distinction or 75%) in all semesters during MBA.
I had written a research paper along with my guide (Shri. Shivappa, Faculty of KIMS), got published and bagged second best paper.
I got early placement in Coca Cola company  as Finance Executive.
Finance Secretary:
I have inherited ability to play with number from mother. Accounting became indispensable part of academic since 9th class. I am open up to shouldering responsibilities now and then. These all along with my classmates credence on me, promoted from junior Finance Co-coordinator to Finance Secretary of Association.
The journey of Finance Secretary (April 2011-Feb 2012) started with restraining senior to entertain second tour. I had lobbied strongly to enhance benefits to the junior from association. One day tour on orientation program, reimbursement on completion of Certification courses are some instances.
It is better to leave evaluation part of my work to CC members, GS (Sameer and Yogesh), successor (Vasudev and Vinayak) and my classmates.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment